3/09/2013

New Wineskins


"And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. Otherwise, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins.” 
-Jesus, Mark 2:22

I've been leading an art group and teaching for enough years now that I think I have become a pretty great student.

Learning is an art, you know.

Our mission at Vineyard Columbus is " To develop a community of passionate, mature, reproducing, Christ-centered disciples; to plant passionate, mature, reproducing, Christ-centered disciples; and to transform the world by love and good deeds for the glory of God." 

The words that stand out to me in this statement are reproducing and disciples

On Wednesday, when no one showed up for my Postcard Painting Class I went out looking for for people who were anxious to be discipled in my beloved craft.

To see the final art click here: Summer Tree
Guess what?

I found them right where I had planned on doing my painting demonstration. 

Are you trying to do something new in your old way of thinking?

If the answer is yes, then maybe its time to try a new route. Maybe that new route is just an inch out of your reach. Maybe, all that you have to do is get on a chair and look over the edge. 

Creativity always presents new frameworks.  If you are in the Columbus area you will love Postcard Painting. The class was extended to take on new students, click here to register: Postcard Painting Class. Consider this an investment in your new wineskin creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment