4/12/2013

...And After



It occurred to me to take my painting out a second time. 


I chose a similar scenario, though I was not able to return to that part of Indiana to finish my piece.

For pretty much every painting created there is a necessary period of going away from it.

Our minds and spirits have a way of working on problems in the absence of it's physical presence.

Click Here for a larger version: Indiana Hills

Often forcing a solution to a problem is the worst approach.

Not only is the forced solution difficult for the creator of the work, it will ruin the piece more times than not.


What I am really talking about is the necessity of rest.

Give your mind and your body a chance to step away from work and you will come back with more intensity and intentionality than when you last sat down with that work.


No comments:

Post a Comment