1/27/2013

The Big "You"

If you can dream it, then you can achieve it. You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want. ~Zig Ziglar

 Most important: Merge your passion and skill with something that is useful to other people.  ~Chris Guillebeau

These Two quotes are permanently nailed to the wall of my mind.

For over a decade numerous ideas have been rolling around in my head. Many are pure flights of fantasy, others solve everyday problems, some are inventions, and yet others have been ministry, business, or art related. These days a lot of ideas or germs of ideas revolve around all  3.

In recent months my mental covered wagons have been circling around some things that I had yet to identify until the other day. They have been circling around a couple of different things in different areas. The 2 big things of which are most important for consideration in any part of your life is "What do I want?" and "How can I provide value to other people?"



You see you can provide value to other people, only if you know what you want.

I wasn't able to figure out what I wanted until I figured out where I wanted to go. 

In the frame in my mind I saw a picture and in the picture was the one cause I value on this earth below the working God's will in people's lives: Creativity.

All causes stem from a person's driving passion to see change. 

However, the passion to see change must come from a noble place. Our goodness is filthy rags. The most noble place it can come from is from the throne of the only living and loving God who has created all things for His good. Then we understand where that passion comes from and who will be glorified by it. At the stem of my passion for more creativity in the world I would like to see you succeed in your creative journey in these 5 areas: 
  • Pleasure
  • Purpose
  • Performance
  • Profit
  • Pain

Here on this blog you will see these these 5 things worked out in the framework of creativity over a period of time. 

So, I want to put these 2 questions back on you: What do you want? and How can you provide value to other people?

Please let me know what stones you turn over.


No comments:

Post a Comment